Washing Clothes in a Off-Grid World The new Storm Washer is a human-powered, rotating washing machine that can handle large loads. You can even wash blankets, a quilt or a sleeping bag. CLICK HERE to see the complete Deluxe Off-Grid Laundry soluton that includes the Storm Washer as well as...
Washing Clothes in a Off-Grid World
The new Storm Washer is a human-powered, rotating washing machine that can handle large loads. You can even wash blankets, a quilt or a sleeping bag.
CLICK HERE to see the complete Deluxe Off-Grid Laundry soluton that includes the Storm Washer as well as an attached wringer.
- Large capacity – Similar capacity as your home washing machine (28 gallons). See the photo of the quilt to the left. It is 10 ft x 11 ft and fits in the Storm Washer!
- Smooth circular operation - no repetitive up and down or back and forth movement.
- Conserve water - Easy to capture and reuse water so water from a rinse cycle can become water for the next wash cycle.
- Long lasting - Durable, UV resistant tumbler.
- Rust free - Stainless steel and aluminum components.
- Strong - Industrial strength bearings with grease fitting.
- Wringer attachment and wringer available to provide a complete, self-contained, off-grid laundry solution.
- Easily drain water through a “quick connect” hose fitting.
- Made in the USA
Having clean clothes is an important factor of healthy living. In an off-grid environment it becomes much more difficult to clean clothes.
There are a number of off-grid clothes washers available. You can use a plunger in a bucket, a scrub board, or a hand crank unit that only washes one pair of jeans or a couple of t-shirts at a time. But to wash clothes for a family or a group of people there is only one solution that provides sufficient capacity, durability, and ease of use – the Storm Washer.
You simply add clothes, water and detergent, screw on the lid, and rotate the durable, plastic tumbler with the large, easy-to-grip handle. The circular rotation with the pronounced baffles in the tumbler agitates the clothes removing soil and dirt.
Don’t spend your whole day washing multiple small loads. Take advantage of washing more clothes at a time and spend the rest of your day doing something other than laundry. “Laundry day” doesn’t have to mean the whole day.
Includes: Storm Washer, hose with quick connect for draining, tool to tighten and loosen lid, drain pipe to help move clothes while draining.
- Fill tub 3/4 full of laundry. If you load too full, the clothes just roll with the tumbler instead of agitating. After you load the clothes fill with water up to a couple of inches from the top.
- Washing a full load is easier to rotate the tumbler than a small load. With a full load, one person can easily rotate the tumbler. The Storm Washer comes with a handle on each side so two people can help rotate the tumbler if desired.
- Wring the clothes after washing and prior to rinsing. This removes excess soapy water and improves the quality of the rinse cycle.
- After the rinse cycle, you can reuse the rinse water for the next wash cycle thus conserving water.
- Place the Storm Washer on a table or platform to use. This eliminates having to bend over to rotate the tumbler.
Weight: 59 pounds
Dimensions: 25” deep, 27” tall, 27” wide (Handle adds 8 1/2" width)
Can be picked up in Alpine, Utah. Shipping charges to other locations to be determined. Send me an email with your zip code and I will let you know the freight charge prior to purchase.